Sunday, January 29, 2012

Saturday Nights

Saturday nights are the worst, well after church every other week. See my kids come home after having a fun three days with their father and well they get back and I have rules that they don't want to follow. So when they come traipsing in the door at nine o'clock, bedtime is still at 9:30 and they are all hyper.
This week was especially bad. Alex had no glasses. Apparently they "split apart" so I quickly texted his father and told him that he needs to take them to get fixed. Then I realized that to my horror Alex had black hair. Yes, his father dyed it with out even consulting me. This was worse than the time he got Maddy a hair cut. I was livid. Alex is fairly light complexioned and had light hair. BLACK???? What was he thinking. I also was irritated that the kids came back at 9:00 so hungry. Both boys say they had cake and fruit but no dinner, that can't be right. Then Alex said I was supposed to feed them dinner, but the agreement is when they come back at 4 pm I feed them dinner (of course) and when they come back at 9 pm, I expect them to have eaten already.
So Alex is having a temper tantrum, yes he is my neuro-typical child, and this freaks poor Justin out. Alex threw a beloved hot wheel on the ground and emptied the shoe bucket onto Justin's bed. The shoes were an easy fix, as we played a game and picked them up, but the car on the hardwood floor made Justin cry. So now I have two crying darlings at 10 at night. Yay....it is Saturday night at the Brigg's house.
Luckily Maddy came in the house quietly and went to her room and got on her pjs. She is going to come out of this the best I hope. Another week, another trial, another journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment