Saturday, December 31, 2011

Peace and Quiet......what is that?

I am writing this blog in a completely quiet house, yes those do exist. My kids are all at their other parent's house so I am completely alone. Well not completely, there are 4 dogs, 3 cats, 2 turtles, 2 ginuea pigs, and 2 mice. So I am still not alone, even when I am. My big Foxhound just got a bark collar so that we can actually enjoy a night of sleep, but nooooo....the other dogs and one cat did not want us to sleep. The lab came in the room expecting to fit on the bed. The two chihuahuas were both restless and couldn't decide where on my legs they wanted to settle. And Comet, the old Siamese cat, decided that even though the door is open she wanted to let us know it was time to go out in the hall by climbing on my head. So I am tired once again. I think I am also tired because I have an enormous pile of laundry to start, a seat cushion I have been delaying working on, storage issues to resolve in the freezing garage and I have to wash Chewie (the hairy chihuahua terrier that settles for laying on my chest even when stinky). So where should I start? My coffee is almost done and motivation has not been found in the bottom of the mug as I once thought. Maybe I will opt for more coffee and a new book on my kindle. I should enjoy the peace while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment